The Fulbright Program offers a number of year- or semester-long research and/or teaching grants for college and university faculty members at all career stages. Short term consulting grants are also available to U.S. faculty through the Fulbright Specialist Program.

Generally, a Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree is required to apply for a Fulbright Scholar Program grant. Faculty without a Ph.D. or the equivalent may apply for a Student Program grant to pursue independent research or to work towards a doctoral degree.

The Fulbright Scholar Program

The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers opportunities for American faculty members and professors to conduct research, lecture, and/or consult with other scholars and institutions abroad.

The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program offers opportunities for foreign faculty members and professors to conduct post-doctoral research and/or lecture in the U.S.

The Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Fellowship Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, offers awards to post-doctoral U.S. faculty to support research and training efforts overseas that focus on non-western foreign languages and area studies.

In their own words

Market scene in Kurigram, North Bengal
Geoffrey H. Participant ParticipantAcademics, Scholars, and Researchers Western Hemisphere Fulbright Program Fulbright ProgramFulbright U.S. Scholar Program South and Central Asia Read the story