Opportunities for K-12 Teachers from the United States and Abroad

The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program sends U.S. teachers abroad and brings international teachers to the United States for a semester to pursue individual projects, conduct research, and lead master classes or seminars.

Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad--Bilateral Projects, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, provide short-term study and travel seminars abroad for U.S. educators in the social sciences and humanities.

Opportunities for U.S. Teachers of English

The Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program places recent college graduates and young professionals as English teaching assistants in primary and secondary schools or universities overseas.

The Office of English Language Programs offers non-Fulbright exchange programs for American educators in the fields of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)/Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).

Opportunities for Non-U.S. Teachers of English

The Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program allows young English teachers from overseas to refine their teaching skills while strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at colleges and universities in the United States.

College and university teachers should visit the Information for Faculty Members and Professors page for information on post-secondary educator grants.

In their own words

FLTA from Russia Andrey Tikhonov
Andrey T. Participant ParticipantTeachers Europe and Eurasia Fulbright Program Fulbright ProgramFulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA) Western Hemisphere Read the story