The Division has commissioned 54 evaluations since its establishment in 1999. Our evaluations are conducted based on the best methods to generate the highest quality evidence, taking into account the information that stakeholders (particularly ECA program teams) have requested, as well as time, budget, and other constraints. These evaluations assist the Bureau in determining:
Evaluations in the Evaluation Division:
- Whether an exchange program was implemented well;
- If an exchange program met its goals and objectives;
- The long-term outcomes and impacts of our exchange programming;
- Both program successes and unintended consequences; and
- The ripple effect: how our exchange programs have impacted wider communities, both in the United States and throughout the world.
As ECA is dedicated to transparency and accountability, all evaluation final reports are posted online (see links on the right-hand side of this page) so that our primary stakeholder, the American people, are aware of and understand the effectiveness of ECA exchange programming.