Completing a Solicitation Package
Complete application packages are available on grants.gov and comprised of the following documents:
(1) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) — Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) — Highlights key program components, proposal guidelines, and information about the projected time sequence for awards, including grant proposal submission due date.
(2) Proposal Submission Instructions (PSI) package — The package consists of the following instructions and forms:
1. Proposal Submission Instructions (PSI) (17 pages) (PDF).
2. SF-424 Application for Federal Assistance (6 pages) (PDF)
3. SF-424A Budget Information, Non Construction Programs (2 pages) (PDF)
4. SF-424B Assurances - Nonconstruction Programs (2 pages) (PDF) See applicability guidance below:
- If the applicant organization registered or renewed its registration in SAM.gov after February 2, 2019: no SF-424B required (the organization certified as part of its SAM.gov registration).
- If the applicant organization has an active registration in SAM.gov that was either created or renewed before February 2, 2019: SF-424B required.
5. SF-LLL Disclosure of Lobbying Activities, if applicable. (2 pages - Any organization that lobbies or intends to lobby, must include with their application.)(PDF)
The three Standard Federal forms listed in items 2, 3, 4, above are a required part of every grant application and must be completed and submitted with proposals responding to all NOFOs. Items 4 and 5 are required and must be completed and submitted, if applicable.
(3) Program Objective, Goals, and Implementation (POGI) — Elaborates on the program guidelines outlined in the NOFO, providing more specifics to assist in program development. Often times, Bureau solicitations include a POGI; however, in some cases, the program office may have included complete program details in the NOFO and did not prepare a POGI. Those interested in submitting a proposal must ensure that all parts of the Solicitation Package have been obtained before beginning work on the proposal.
In addition to being available on grants.gov, ECA NOFOs may be downloaded from this website. Applicants wishing to submit a proposal in response to a NOFO must utilize grants.gov for submission. For further details, please refer to the NOFO or contact the Program Officer listed in each NOFO.