The Evaluation Division serves as a resource to ECA program teams to learn from and apply M&E data to enhance our programming and better serve our stakeholders. The Division builds internal capacity for ECA program officers through formal and informal training sessions, as well as tools and templates created to guide program teams in various M&E-related tasks.
A number of the products that the Evaluation Division has created will also benefit external stakeholders and can be found below. Also included are some links to external M&E resources that the Division has found helpful in its M&E work – though note that these are for reference only and should not be construed as endorsed by the ECA Evaluation Division, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, or the U.S. Department of State.
Note: If you are searching for additional information on the MODE Framework, please click here.
The ECA Evaluation Division hosts an Evaluation Community of Practice meeting for ECA staff and our implementing partners. For more information on how to join these meetings, please click here.
Below are links to selected materials prepared by members of the Evaluation team for training sessions with ECA program officers, State Department staff, and professionals interested in monitoring and evaluating international programs.
Evaluation Division Materials
Evaluation Division Seminars
- Introduction to M&E webinar (YouTube)
- Program Design and Logic Models webinar (Video Webinar)
- Indicator Basics webinar (Video Webinar)
- Creating Baselines and Targets webinar (Video Webinar)
- Creating and Evaluating Surveys webinar (Video Webinar)
- Survey Data Cleaning and Analysis (Video Webinar)
- Qualitative Data Analysis (Video Webinar)
- Data Visualization (Video Webinar)
- Success Case Method (Video Webinar)
- Needs Assessments (Video Webinar)
- Theories of Change and Logic Models (Video Webinar)