Name of Organization
US Embassy Cotonou
Type of Organization
Monday, November 18, 2019 to Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Location (i.e. library or community center)
Description (no more than 300 words)
- Monday 18th, 20 Students from English international School learnt about the 5 steps to US Studies and financing studies in US Colleges with ETAs. American Center’s Director presented Resources at the US Embassy, EducationUSA and English Language learning.
- Tuesday 19th, EducationUSA Benin reached out to new audience in the field of Medical professionals. 40 people, from two hospitals of Benin learnt about EducationUSA, 5 steps to US studies and English Learning Resources at the American Center of the US Embassy.
- The APAO gave an opening Remarks while encouraging participants to consider specializations in the US.
- Wednesday 20th, Workshop with 102 English Teachers and English Clubs at Zogbodomey. ETAs presented on the Five Steps of US Studies and Financing study in the US. Free online English Language Resources by EducationUSA Advisor and Fulbright Scholarship by the Cultural Affairs Assistant.
- Thursday 21st, over 200 University students from two different English clubs of University of Abomey Calavi met at the American Center to learn the Five Steps of US Studies and Financing study in the US by ETAs.
- Wednesday 27, Ambassador, Patricia Mahoney held a Facebook Live with 60 secondary school students to learn about Studies in the USA at the American Center, US Embassy Cotonou.
- The ETAs supported this event by talking about the 5 Steps to US Studies and financing studies in US.
- Ambassador Mahoney first presented the ECA-Funded Annual Open Doors report then talked about her student life and encouraged participants to think about their future plan after high school graduation. She also exchanged about international students’ life and some of the opportunities US Colleges offer to international students.
- There were watch parties in the three American Corners. Viewers sent questions that Ambassador Mahoney and ETAs answered.
Vito Kodjo Cyrille