What You Need to Know
Learn about the awards process, how to make your proposal as competitive as possible, and find the practical administrative information you need to begin.
Solicitation Process Overview
- ECA does not accept unsolicited proposals
- All solicitations are developed by ECA Program Offices
- Solicitations must be approved by the Assistant Secretary
- Approved RFGPs are published ECA's website and on Grants.gov
- Can my organization receive pre-award funds?
- If my organization currently has an agreement, how do we receive grant funds?
- Are Bureau grantees required to have an audit?
- How does a grantee receive a no cost extension of the period of the agreement?
- Does the Bureau award grants to individuals for college assistance?
- Does the Bureau require cost sharing?
- If an audit identifies questioned or unsupported costs, what is DOS' policy?
- What is the Bureau's policy on reallocation of funds?
- Does the Bureau accept unsolicited proposals?
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Be a U.S. public and non-profit organizations meeting the provisions in Internal Revenue Code sections 26 UCS 501 (c) (3)
- Have documentation of nonprofit status with IRS at time of application
- Meet any additional requirements specified in each RFGP
There is a $130K limit for organizations that cannot demonstrate a minimum four-year track record of conducting International exchanges
Institutional Award Process