Resources and Tools
The following is a list of resources and tools to guide you in your evaluation and performance measurement efforts. You will find links to Evaluation Division generated materials, such as performance measurement and evaluation presentations and research papers, as well as external materials, a bibliography of work in the field and other information. The external resources here are for your reference only and should not be construed as endorsed by the Evaluation Division, the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs or the U.S. Department of State.
Evaluation Division Training Materials and Presentations
In addition to conducting performance measurement and evaluation projects, the Evaluation Division also promotes awareness of the importance of monitoring and evaluation in strategic planning.
- Collecting Evaluation Data: Direct Observation (U of Wisconsin, 1996)
- Handbook on Democracy and Governance Program Indicators (USAID, 1998)
- Kellogg Foundation Logic Model Development Guide (2004)
- Key Informant Interview Tips (U of Illinois, 2007)
- Logic Model Workbook (Innovation Network, 2005)
- OECD DAC Glossary (OECD, 2002)
- USAID Tips Series (1996)
- World Bank Monitoring and Evaluation Handbook (2004)
Selected workshop materials prepared by members of the Evaluation team for training sessions with ECA program officers, State Department staff, and professionals interested in evaluating international programs.